Wrong Way Warning System
Our Concierge Consultants are here to help you design, produce, install, and maintain your wrong way warning system.
Wrong Way Warning System
TAPCO’s Wrong-Way Warning System detects wrong-way drivers, immediately activates LED-enhanced flashing alerts, and can send real-time wrong-way event notifications.
- Activation Sensors. Activates LED warning devices when detecting wrong way vehicles with thermal sensor, radar sensor, or inductive loops.
- Warning Alerts. Warning alerts catch the wrong way driver’s attention to help communicate that they are traveling in the wrong direction.
- LED Illuminators. Activates with the system at night to increase identification of wrong way vehicle.
- Hi-Definition Cameras. Captures images of self correcting, confirmation, and overview wrong way vehicles.
- Confirmation Sensors. Confirms wrong way vehicle has continued to proceed in the wrong direction and transmits alert to Traffic Management Center with images, dates,locations, and video.
- In-Road Warning Lights. Optional system add-on warning device mounted in the middle of the road to alert the wrong way driver that they are traveling in the wrong direction.
- BLINKLINK®. An intuitive traffic management platform that sends real-time verification of wrong way events, remotely monitors the system health, remotely monitors and manages wrong way events, and collects system data including activation trends.
- Connected Vehicle. Interface Optional system add-on that transmits contextual messages to warn drivers in the affected path of a wrong way vehicle after it is detected by the system.
Our Concierge team is here to help with your traffic safety project!
Wrong Way Warning System Activation Options
Monitor up to six lanes of traffic over a stretch of several hundred feet in all weather conditions.
Radar sensors trigger activation when vehicles are detected traveling the wrong way.
Installed beneath the surface of the road, inductive loops detect wrong-way vehicles.
Warning Alert Types
BlinkerSign® Flashing LED Signs
BlinkerSign® Flashing LED signs are edge-lit signs engineered to command drivers’ attention day and night, increasing self-correction rates in wrong-way incidents.
Rectangular Rapid-Flash Beacons (RRFB)
Extra-large rectangular flashing beacons that paired on top and bottom of sign while flashing in a wig-wag pattern, making them highly visible to wrong-way drivers.
BlinkerBeacon™ Flashing LED Beacon
BlinkerBeacon™ Flashing LED Beacons provide drivers real-time warning when traveling the wrong direction.
BLINKLINK® Alerts Through Tapco Modem
Monitor system alerts through BlinkLink®, a cloud-based software, using TAPCO-managed cell modem and service.
BLINKLINK® Alerts Through Customer Network
Connect with BlinkLink® using either a customer-provided cell modem or fiber network.
ATMS Alerts Direct From Controller
Transmit system alerts directly to agency ATMS software without needing external network connections.
Intelligent Warning Systems Brochure
Learn how intelligent warning systems can improve safety for drivers and pedestrians.
Browse all of our solutions in one simple document.
Wrong Way Warning
BlinkLink®, powered by TAPCO, is an easy-to-use, cloud-based application cities leverage to manage, schedule, control and monitor system-wide time clocks and intelligent warning systems.
Connected Vehicle Interface
Add another layer of safety to your intelligent warning solution with the Connected Vehicle Interface (CVI). The CVI is an Ethernet interface for TAPCO Intelligent Warning Systems to connect with and communicate information to connected vehicle infrastructure.
Our Concierge Team is Here for Your Project
Taking care of our clients is important to us. Our Concierge Consultants can offer you one-stop, turn key solutions that help you design, produce, install, and maintain your traffic safety and signage products. Selecting the best solutions that meet your needs does not have to be difficult.
Make sure to ask one of our team members about scheduling a free consultation today!
Years in Business
Family Owned and Operated
3001 Orange Ave
Fort Pierce, FL 34947
M-F: 8am - 5pm
Got a Question
Our experts can answer your questions and ensure you get the right solution.